Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July!

I have said this once and I will say it again, not everything is bigger in Texas. The 4th of July celebrations are nothing like Utah's. Which is VERY surprising after all, this is Texas and a very prideful state. There 4th of July celebrations aren't anything special. We did go to a "better" parade this year than last year but again there was not even 1 float. I also learned that you don't have to even be 5 minutes early and you can still get a shady spot and a front row parking spot for the parade as well! Who knew you didn't have to camp out all night long to get the best spot? At least they threw out enough candy that the kids stopped picking it up because they had enough of it!  We did however had a really great 4th with bbq-ing and playing games with our friends and am so grateful for them! We ended the night watching firework shows over the water!
Since this is one of my favorite holidays I can't let it pass without saying how grateful I am for the freedom that I have in this country and for all the men and women who fight for our freedom as well, I am forever grateful!

All the Patriotic Kiddos!
This is the extent of their floats. A wave runner decorated, throwing out left over Mardi Gras beads!
Lena and Lola.

Petting Zoo!
Tayslee was in heaven riding the horses!

Lolo being a grump. No nap will do that to you!
All good things must come to an end! 

2 comments:

  1. i love these two cuties. Lola's mad face goes right along with her tattoo. fourth of july is my faaavvvoorite. AZ struggles too. lets go back to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is surprising that they have crappy celebrations there. What a bummer! It looks like you still were able to have fun though. I bet the awesome jet ski was the highlight of your day!

    ReplyDelete